Monday, December 5, 2011
Recent Changes on Fifth
Well, the holiday lights are up, the banners have been installed and the Holiday Tree is up and ready to be lit.
What else is new on Fifth?
* Sai Thai Kitchen (437 Fifth Avenue) opened in the former Fatoosh space. We welcome them to Fifth Ave! Check out their website here.
* Glow Accessories (219 Fifth Avenue) opened between President and Union. This is the second outpost for Glow. Their first outpost is located on Seventh Avenue.
* Kiku is taking the larger space formerly occupied by Babouche (2 Lincoln Place) and will close their current location when the transition is complete.
* PC Tech (337 9th Street) has closed.
* Oko Frozen Yogurt and Tea (154 Fifth Avenue) closed this week. Details here.
* Great Lakes (284 Fifth Avenue) closed after what appeared to be a disagreement over rent.
Also, while it is not obvious from the street, there will be a big change on the avenue at the end of the month. Timboo's Bar, which has been open as a bar on the avenue for more than 60 years, will close its doors on December 31st.
We are sorry to see them go and wish the owners all the best.