Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shopping with Caitlin: Lucia


Lucia | 272 Fifth Avenue | 718-788-7500 | www.shoplucia.com

Lucia is one of my favorite places to shop on Fifth. Their racks are stocked with a lovely selection of day-to-evening outfits (perfect for any upcoming office holiday parties!), not to mention some great options if you’re still searching for the perfect dress for New Years Eve. While browsing, keep an eye out for dresses by Ark & Co. I’ve found items by the brand consistently well fitting and always fabulous. At the time of posting, they still have one of these left!

The first dress I tried on was an adorable short-sleeve bird print dress by Peppermint ($68).  Lately I’ve been catching up on episodes of The New Girl, and the dress immediately reminded me something Zooey Deschanel’s character might wear. I’m a size Small, and the fit was comfortable if not a bit looser than I would normally prefer. A brown belt would pull it together nicely. 


Green is my favorite color, so I was excited to find this olive dress by Plum ($72). I loved this item because it’s nice enough to wear to the office but also fun enough that I’d be happy wearing it to a happy hour or dinner with friends after work.


I tend to avoid black dresses when I’m looking for new additions to my wardrobe, but this one by Jack ($92) is sweet enough to warrant an exception.  The capped lace sleeves and gathered waist add a touch of ladylike delicacy to the dress, while the ruched, fitted top and scooped neckline give it some sass.

-Caitlin O'Connell

No comments:

Post a Comment